In this video we share 10 tips/tricks and hacks we have learned along the way, do you think we have missed any obvious ones? Let us know in the comments 🙂
We are not sponsored, it’s simply something a good friend showed me and I’m happy to share with all of you too in the hope that you don’t waste money on expensive amps.
If you’re tracking more than one musician at once, or if everyone in a group wants to listen to a playback, it’s a life saver 🙂
Changing a few small things in your studio/mindset can make a huge change in how productive, happy and creative you feel in your home studio. Hopefully these tips help you as much as they help us.
1)Use a headphone amp so you can use more headphones in your studio – http://amzn.to/2D78HVD
2) Get a cheap USB hub so that you can connect all of your devices and MIDI keyboards to your computer – We use this one and it has lasted 3 years with no issues – http://amzn.to/2Do2Quy
3)Use a Surge Protector so you don’t ruin your equipment!
4)Keep a microphone set up at all times so that you are always ready to record and never lose you production flow.
5)Always have a MIDI Keyboard plugged in so that you are ready for a burst of inspiration at all times.
6)Learn how to wind cables properly – Use the over/under method
check this video – https://goo.gl/tuuPCb
7) Clean your studio a little every day so you don’t have to deep clean and spend a long time cleaning in the future.
8) Keep your studio for music production, Try to avoid excessive drama and keep the studio for the creation of music, content and mixes 🙂
9) No Phones – It reduces the chance of electronic intereference in your equipment and will boost your productivity!
10)Get a plant – It cleans the air, reduces stress, looks amazing and so much more!
11) Make acoustic treatment to improve the acoustics of your room – You can make your own panels for $20 – 30 in this video- https://goo.gl/oUuHpC